This chile rub is a staple in my pantry. One of our favorite uses of this rub is on the Red Chile Pork Tenderloin, you can find the recipe here.
For more of a South of the Border flavor on steaks, we use this red chili rub mixed with just a little bit of apple cider vinegar and rub that on the steak before grilling. It adds a unique and complex flavor to an otherwise simple steak.
Red Chile Rub
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 Cup 1x
I make this in large batches to keep on hand for a quick add to last minute grilled chicken. I suggest you do the same.
- 2 Tablespoons Ancho Chile Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Smoked Paprika
- 1.5 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle Powder
- Mix it up well and then its ready to go!
Want this recipe in a larger scale? Send me an email and I will send you the large batch recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Category: Spice Rubs
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex