Can Jar Alfredo Be Good?
Jar sauces are an easy and quick way to prepare a meal. All you need is jar sauce, pasta, and your favorite vegetables. Jar sauces like prego and ragu are available at grocery stores in the pasta aisle or the Italian section. You can also find jar sauces at specialty stores like Trader Joe’s or Walmart.
To make this your own, add ingredients like fresh asparagus, roasted mushrooms, chopped-up spinach, or even fresh tomatoes for a pink Alfredo. Pink Alfredo’s are a great way to lighten up an otherwise heavy dish during the summer.
Fast & Tasty
The first step in making this dish is to cook your pasta according to the instructions on the package and then drain it in a colander. While the pasta is cooking, saute the diced chicken with some mushrooms, garlic, and a cajun spice like Holy Voodoo from MeatChurch. Add the jar sauce and bring to a simmer and then drop in the cooked pasta. Let it rest for a few minutes and you are all set! Your Voodoo Pasta is ready!Print
Quick Cajun Alfredo
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 Entrees 1x
When you don’t have time to make everything from scratch this go to pasta dish will make the family think you spent hours working on it!
- 1 Lb. Fettuccine, Cooked
- 2 Lb. Pack of Chicken Breasts, Diced into 1/2” Cubes
- 12 oz. Pack of Sliced Mushrooms
- 2 Tbl Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbl Holy Voodoo Spice
- Optional – Cayenne to spike up the heat
- 32 oz Jar Alfredo Sauce
- Green Onions, chopped
- Start by getting a gallon of salted water on the range going for the pasta.
- Now dice up your chicken and add to a heavy bottom dutch oven. Add a little oil to the pan and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Let the chicken do its thing without stirring it too much. You want it to brown on at least one side.
- Once the chicken has browned on one side and is nearly cooked through, add in the mushrooms and garlic. Continue to cook until the mushrooms have let out their juices and then evaporated, about 4 minutes.
- Add in the spice and stir it in to allow it to toast for a minute.
- Add in the jar sauce and then stir to combine. Bring it up to a simmer and turn it down a medium low to keep a low simmer.
- Now cook the pasta, allowing the Alfredo to simmer on low.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water and add the pasta directly into the pasta sauce.
- Plate it up for the family and sprinkle with the green onions.
- Prep Time: 10 Min
- Cook Time: 15 Min
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Italian