This is the perfect marriage of savory and sweet. The deep flavors of the mole powder compliment the sweet potatoes so well.
- 1/2 Cup Ancho Powder
- 2 Tbl Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 lb. Sweet Potatoes, 1/2″ Dice with the skin on
- 1 tsp Avocado Oil
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp Mole Powder
- White Sesame Seeds
- Roasted & Salted Pepitas
- Chopped Cilantro
- Use a fork to break up the brown sugar clumps in the mole powder until it has completely incorporated with the rest of the spices.
- Transfer to an airtight container and label. This will make more than you will need for one recipe but its great to have on hand.
- Dice the sweet potatoes, keeping the skin on, into 1/2″ chunks
- Toss the sweet potato chunks with the avocado oil, salt and mole powder
- Lay out, in a single layer, onto a sheet pan and roast at 425º for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and then sprinkle with the white sesame seeds, pepitas and cilantro.
When I have a flavored oil like Chipotle oil on hand I like to drizzle a little on top of the finished dish for a little extra smokey heat.
And yes – you can totally make this recipe in your air fryer. Make sure to adjust the temperatures to fit your specific fryer. It will probably be in the 360º range.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Category: Healthy Side Dishes
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: Simple Side Dishes, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Sweet Potato Home Fries, Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes, Healthy Side Dishes